Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Systems Analyst Job Family - 63533
WellPoint is one of the nation's leading health benefits insurers and a Fortune Top 50 company. At WellPoint, we are dedicated to improving the lives of the people we serve and the health of our communities. WellPoint strives to simplify the connection between health, care, and value for our customers.
Bring your expertise to our innovative, achievement-driven culture, and you will discover lasting rewards and the opportunity to take your career further than you can imagine.
This position is located in Wallingford, CT
Responsible for assisting in defining the project scope, and
managing the defined scope. Primary duties may include, but are not
* Defines the functional, usability, reliability, performance
and support requirements of a system serves as a business subject matter
expert, and act as a liaison between the business and IT.
* Provides the
link between the technical and the business views of the system by
ensuring that the technical solutions being developed will satisfy the
needs of the business.
* Leads system requirements definition, design,
testing, training and implementation support.
* Applies use of tools to
define requirements and documentation.
* Provides analysis of efficiencies
related to system enhancements/automation.
* Works with IT learning
organization to assist in the development of system training
documentation and provides training to end users.
* Assists with
developing use cases.
* Requires Associates degree in computer science or information
systems; Technical Institute degree in related field; 2 or more years
related experience; or any combination of education and experience,
which would provide an equivalent background.
* Ability to conduct an analysis of business needs, including
scheduling meetings, planning agendas, conferring with business line
leaders, documenting and making verbal and written presentations
* Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
* Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
* Strong understanding of project life cycle methodology and procedures
* Excellent planning and organizational skills
* Strong knowledge of organization policies and procedure
* Demonstrated experience in Use Case Development of the business needs and requirements
* Demonstrated experience in using Rational Toolsets (Requisite Pro,
Clear Case, and Clear Quest) to analyze and deliver business needs and
* SQL development background including performance and tuning skill-sets
WellPoint is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, one of the 100 Best Places to Work by Working Mother magazine, and is a 2011 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company please visit us at www.wellpoint.com/careers. EOE