Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Reference # : 13-01280 Title : Technical Lead-Digital
Location : Stamford, CT
Position Type : Contract
Experience Level : Start Date / End Date : 03/05/2013 / 03/02/2014
Our direct client is a global Fortune 500 company within the Travel and Hospitality Industry who thrives on setting the bar high for competitors. They pride themselves on using the most up-to-date and cutting edge technologies as well as making their brands stand out from the rest. They offer a fast-paced, friendly, upbeat environment with never-ending growth potential.
With business casual dress attire, free shuttle service from public transportation locations, a diverse atmosphere, and a constant drive for improvement, does this seem like the place for you?
See if you’re a Fit! - Client Requirements:
Digital Tech Lead, assigned by the Business Relationship Manager (BRM) to projects and enhancements. The position is within a development group chartered to develop guest and associate facing applications including mobile and social applications, customer care center applications, and super-critical e-commerce brand sites. Tech lead responsibilities include the collaboration with indirect reports:
· project managers on a plan and estimates,
· architecture and development team leads on solution blueprints,
· development team leads to secure technical resources,
· developers to build and test
· QA to triage and assign defects,
· service introduction on hand-off to application operations team Accountable to the BRM for daily status on tech design and development. Seeks requirements clarification early in project life cycle that influence design and estimates. Representative and decision maker on behalf of the tech team on project change requests. Directs the developers and third-party technical teams, manages risks, resolves issues. The tech lead must collaborate with peers and leadership to leverage knowledge and solutions across the organization.
* 80% Tech lead on projects and enhancements as assigned by the BRM. The tech lead collaborates with project management, development team leads, architecture, and QA. The tech lead directs developers on projects, assigns tasks to the developers, and manages risk. The tech lead communicates with a broad group of stakeholders and can represent the project in nearly any forum.
* 20% Developer and subject matter expert (SME), may work on non-critical path activities as a developer or consultant including performing research, developing proof-of-concepts, and solving complex technical problems.
Required Skills: Proficient in designing, creating and consuming Web Services (REST, SOAP, JSON, OAuth) and multi-tier applications in Java (or other language). Demonstrate sound architecture skills and broad experience designing applications. Strategic thinking and analytical skills with demonstrated ability to combine broad technical, business and political factors. Experience producing solution designs for large-scale, highly available, mission-critical systems. Experience in Agile, Waterfall and other software development methodologies Ability to communicate complex technical design concepts and translate into non-technical business solutions. Strong interpersonal/relationship management skills. Able to communicate well with all levels in the organization, and must be comfortable as a primary contact to internal and external customers. Excellent oral and written communication and documentation skills, strong technical diagramming skills.
Interested? Here’s what you do next:
If this position has captured your interest and you are excited to learn more
Please apply now and the appropriate TCML Recruiter will be sure to reach out to you soon!
Is this position not a fit for you?
Take a look at the other opportunities that the Computer Merchant has open. We have clients in the InformationTechnology (IT),Engineering, Banking, Hospitality, Healthcare and Government industries with a variety of positions spanning the globe. Many of our clients are looking for talented contractors with skills such as Java, J2EE, HTML, Soap, XML, Oracle, SAP and .Net. We supply contractors to many departments within corporations such as HR, Sales, Finance, Accounting, IT and legal. Call us today.