Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title Public Sector Inside Sales Manager
Providing IT solutions nationally since 1987, PCMG, Inc. is an industry recognized, publicly traded, value-added direct marketer of technology products, services and solutions to businesses, government, education, and individual consumers. PCMG, a wholly-owned subsidiary of PCM, Inc, is a value-added direct market reseller of IT products and services to public sector and healthcare customers nationwide. Through a range of contract vehicles and a dedicated staff of certified professionals, we offer best value solutions from hundreds of name-brand manufacturers. Fully accredited and authorized by major manufacturers including HP, Apple, Cisco, Microsoft, Dell, and 1500 others, PCMG offers product and service solutions through field sales, call center, eCommerce, and retail store venues. With annual sales of $1.5B+ , 3000 employees and over 400,000 products available, PCM delights in serving small, medium and enterprise level businesses.
Responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities in assigned market. Staffs and directs a sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values. Establishes plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the marketing area and contributes to the development of training and educational programs for clients and Account Executives.
* Develops a business plan and sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
* Responsible for the performance and development of the Account Executives.
* Prepares action plans by individuals as well as by team for effective search of sales leads and prospects.
* Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
* Assists in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed.
* Conducts one-on-one review with all Account Executives to build more effective communications, to understand training and development needs, and to provide insight for the improvement of Account Executive’s sales and activity performance.
* Provides timely feedback to senior management regarding performance.
* Provides timely, accurate, competitive pricing on all completed prospect applications submitted for pricing and approval, while striving to maintain maximum profit margin.
* Maintains accurate records of all pricings, sales, and activity reports submitted by Account Executives.
* Creates and conducts proposal presentations and RFP responses.
* Assists Account Executives in preparation of proposals and presentations.
* Controls expenses to meet budget guidelines.
* Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
* Recruits, tests, and hires Account Executives based on criteria agreed upon by senior management.
Relationships and Roles:
Internal / External Cooperation
* Insures that all Account Executives meet or exceed all activity standards for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals and closes.
* Delegates authority and responsibility with accountability and follow-up.
* Sets examples for Account Executives in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational and selling skills, and work habits.
* Conducts regular coaching and counseling with Account Executives to build motivation and selling skills.
* Maintains contact with all clients in the market area to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
* Demonstrates ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
Location PCMG - Shelton, CT
Shift -not applicable-
About the Organization Providing IT solutions nationally since 1987, PCM, Inc. is an industry recognized, publicly traded, value-added direct marketer of technology products, services and solutions to businesses, government, education, and individual consumers. Fully accredited and authorized by major manufacturers including HP, Apple, Cisco, Microsoft, Dell, and 1500 others, PCM offers product and service solutions through field sales, call center, eCommerce, and retail store venues. With annual sales of $1.5B+ , 3000 employees and over 400,000 products available, PCM delights in serving small, medium and enterprise level businesses.
PCM has a national presence with branch and satellite offices from California to New Jersey.
In addition to selling products, PCM has the capabilities and resources to consult, configure, install, implement and support what we sell. Service offerings include:
• Networking and infrastructure solutions
• Enterprise systems and storage solutions including data migration, replication, disk/tape storage management, SAN, NAS and virtualization
• Integration and configuration solutions
• Monitoring and operations solutions
• Advanced printing solutions
• 24/7 Help Desk
• System refresh and installation solutions
• Staff Augmentation resources
• Recycling & disposal solutions
PCM has received certifications and authorizations from all major manufacturers. From A+ to CCIEs, business analysts to architects, we have the expert staff to advise clients in making best-fit technology decisions.
Req Number SAL-13-00002
Internal Approved REQ#
This position is currently accepting applications.