Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
RN - ER
Job Id: RNER242TB
# of Openings: 1
Job Title: Registered Nurse
Department: Emergency Medicine Department
Hours/Shift: 24 Hours / 2nd Shift (3:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.)
Weekends required: (Every other weekend - 3:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.)
Day Kimball’s Emergency Department treats more than 29,000 patients annually. Patients of all ages with all types of injuries and illnesses are treated regardless of their ability to pay. We are staffed by a multi-disciplinary team of physicians, nurses, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, patient care technicians and unit receptionists. The department’s physicians are board certified and have extensive experience in emergency medicine. In addition, nurses are certified in advance cardiac life support and pediatric advanced life support.
Day Kimball’s Emergency Department features an array of modern emergency medicine equipment, including state-of-the-art bedside monitoring, airway devices, fiberoptic laryngoscope, and bedside ultrasound.
* According to age and developmental level of the patient, systematically assesses the patient's physical, psychosocial, emotional, cultural, spiritual and discharge needs.
* Utilizes effective oral and written communication skills to include completeness and accuracy of documentation.
* Demonstrates accurate technical skill and operational knowledge of patient care equipment and procedure.
* Evaluates the plan of care and reformulates the goals as necessary.
* Develops and implements a plan of care of each patient.
* Recognizes unsafe and life-threatening situations and intervenes appropriately.
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required. BSN preferred.
* Licensed and currently registered as a Professional Nurse in the state of Connecticut required.
* Current AHA Healthcare Provider CPR certification or equivalent within 3 months of hire required.
* Demonstrated experience in an Emergency Department or Intensive Care Unit required.
Day Kimball Healthcare is a non-profit, integrated medical services provider comprised of Day Kimball Hospital, healthcare centers in Danielson, Dayville, Plainfield, Putnam and Thompson, Day Kimball HomeCare, Hospice & Palliative Care of Northeastern CT, Day Kimball HomeMakers and Day Kimball Physician Practices. Its service area includes Northeast Connecticut as well as nearby Massachusetts and Rhode Island communities. Day Kimball Healthcare’s comprehensive network offers more than 1,200 employees including nearly 300 highly-skilled physicians, surgeons and specialists. Its website is daykimball.org.
Day Kimball Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back To Jobs