Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title Anchor - Weather
Cablevision Division News 12 Networks
Department Name News Production-N12 CT
Job Location CT / Norwalk
Requisition ID 19594BR
Position Type Temporary
Description To be a primary presenter of weather information and other content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging, and meaningful to news consumers. A passion for communicating weather information through graphics, verbally, and in writing is desired. Proficiency in weather analysis and forecasting is expected. Ensure all content meet News 12 Network standards for journalistic integrity and production quality. Assist in coordinating weather programming on multiple platforms. Maintain deep level of familiarity with the state and region. Respond to breaking weather news as required.
Qualifications • Minimum of at least four years of operational forecasting experience; experience with TV weather graphics/animations and weather graphics systems experience.
• Meteorology/Atmospheric Science degree or equivalent experience preferred, minimum 60 college credits required.
• Exceptional weather judgment.
• Excellent news writing ability for all platforms, as well as proficiency in newsgathering equipment and computers essential.
• Developed anchoring or other specialized skills to enhance newsroom operation and flexibility to work any assigned shift desired.
• Online demos required. Must enter link to demo reel under "web address/ demo reel" field on contact info page.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
Area of Interest News/Editorial