Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Sr. Communications Specialist
Location: United States-Connecticut-Hartford
The principle responsibilities of this position are as follows:
* To deliver a robust communications strategy to round out our Top of the Rock training strategy the goal of which is to develop the most knowledgeable and respected market-facing professionals in the industry. This includes but is not limited to:
* Leading the planning and execution of Monthly Hot Topics calls, a series of monthly calls focused on topics that are most relevant to the market-facing audience in their efforts to drive revenue.
* A communication needs assessment with associates in Strategic Relationships and Client Relations & Business Development to determine how best to support our training programs with communications, in addition to Hot Topics Calls, to elevate the knowledge base of this audience. This assessment will explore effective communication vehicles, cadence, audience specific needs, etc.
Support Top of the Rock University communications including but not limited to eLearning editorial, program launches, marketing collateral, event invitations (internal and external) and follow-ups, and Top of the Rock Summit communications.
* Strategic Relationships Communications: Lead content and talking points for Strategic Relationships quarterly Business Updates, support other Strategic Relationships departmental communications, support the VP, SRE in developing market-perspectives discussion points for VP, Strategic Relationships to bring to twice annual corporate CMI meetings (PFI leaders) as well as ad hoc requests in support of SR leadership.
* Lead on internal and external communications and talking points associated with intermediary and client events hosted by Prudential Retirement to include our Financial Advisory Council quarterly meetings, and Client Symposium (formerly CAB) annual meetings as well as invitations to special events hosted by Prudential Retirement at industry conferences. Serve as central lead in collaborating with Marketing on communications and talking points associated with large-scale events, e.g., East/West Retirement Summits and Client Conference.
* Provide industry conference objectives and content direction and subsequent review of all presentations Senior Leaders will make at industry conferences.
* Consult on and produce Pulse intranet content specific to Strategic Relationships Experience deliverables intended for Strategic Relationships and CRBD that is beneficial to a broader audience or all associates; filter inflow of content and continuously update the site. Examples include: Hot Topics content, Prudential sponsored conference content (e.g., Client Conference, Top of the Rock Summit, Retirement Summit, FAC), product training announcements and more.
* Support New Business Development team with targeted campaigns associated with our national intermediary communications program led by Marketing.
* Support VP, Strategic Relationships Experience and SVP, Strategic Relationships who is also our divisional Talent Catalyst on all communications associated with the Leadership Competencies initiative.
Experience and Education:
• 6 years corporate or marketing communications or public relations experience in the Retirement or Financial Services industry
• BA or BS degree, or equivalent work experience
• Superior oral and written communication skills; demonstrated ability to convey complex messages clearly to a variety of audiences
• Demonstrated ability to establish a clear vision and strategy for communication events and deliverables
• Superior copy editing skills; excellent grammar and punctuation skills are essential
• Acute attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to partner with all levels of associates in a matrix organization
• Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to consistently exceed deliverables in a high volume production environment
• Excellent project management skills and demonstrated ability to manage workflow and handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively to meet deadlines and prepare communication materials with a high degree of accuracy
• Highly organized, proactive, resourceful, and able to exercise sound judgment
• Intermediate to advanced level of proficiency in MS Office suite 2007