Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Senior Manager- Sourcing, Global Travel Services
Data Management: Finance & Planning
Location: Cheshire CT
Job Code: 920
Global Level: 9
Senior Manager - Sourcing, Global Travel Services
Director, Global Procurement
Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients with severe and ultra-rare disorders through the innovation, development and commercialization of life-transforming therapeutic products. Alexion is the global leader in complement inhibition, and has developed and markets Soliris® (eculizumab) as a treatment for patients with PNH and aHUS, two debilitating, ultra-rare and life-threatening disorders caused by chronic uncontrolled complement activation. Soliris is currently approved in more than 35 countries for the treatment of PNH, and in the United States for the treatment of aHUS. Alexion is evaluating other potential indications for Soliris and is pursuing development of other innovative biotechnology product candidates in early stages of development. This press release and further information about Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. can be found at:www.alexionpharma.com.
A newly developed and highly visible role, the Senior Manager, Sourcing – Travel Services will effectively manage and track all aspects of our travel, meeting, and entertainment expenses, a $35MM+ spend globally, as well identify and employ cost takeout measures. More specifically, success in this role involves building strong working relationships with Alexion strategic partners, such as our travel agencies and other travel service providers, to implement and enforce a standard end-to-end travel process, manage or launch online booking tools, monitor supplier performance for accuracy, responsiveness, and service levels, as well as identify, employ, and track cost takeout measures in all aspects of travel.
This position will also be responsible for supporting travel governance, (a part of which is developing, maintaining, and monitoring travel policies), and driving compliance with Alexion travelers. Reporting to the Director, Global Procurement, this role may also interface with top executives across the enterprise, including but not limited to leaders of Commercial, Clinical & Research, Finance, Human Resources, etc. to convey strategies, trends, and information that outlines company performance in regard to travel metrics. This person will also collaborate with Global Security and our travel agencies to monitor global / regional events and provide traveler assistance to ensure we have a superior standard of care for all employees.
This position will be accountable for the following:
* Monitor day-to-day travel activity – identify out of policy transactions and follow-up accordingly
* Ensure that travel agencies operate as per contractual obligations, with a focus on efficiency of service and superior customer satisfaction
* Resolve problems and traveler issues in a timely manner
Supplier Relationship Management:
* Work closely with key contacts at our travel management companies to benchmark current trends and ensure best practices.
* Oversee communications to ensure that Alexion employees get consistent information and service.
* Assist in the associated RFP processes and development of subsequent global business travel contracts with suppliers in a manner that maximizes value for Alexion and its employees. Supplier categories include, but not limited to: travel management companies, airlines, hotels, car rental services, ground transportation, travel booking, expense, and meetings and events.
Communication and Employee Resource:
* Educate employees regarding travel strategies that can improve service, save time and reduce cost, e.g. available technology as an alternative to travel.
* Communicate any changes or updates to travel information using a variety of internal channels.
* Maintain contact with key Alexion locations in order to ensure open channels of communication and to solicit feedback on policies, procedures and preferred vendors.
* Participate, lead, and drive standardization of Alexion’s travel process and best practices. Work with key Alexion contacts in countries around the world to assess current state, recommend future state processes, and implement changes. Identify potential obstacles, and develop strategies to overcome barriers and build relationships to forge regional and global partnerships.
* Review Alexion’s travel policy periodically. Recommend changes/updates as needed to reduce cost and/or improve service.
* Determine new strategies within Alexion for ways to change behavior in order to reduce travel cost while maintaining high service levels, effective communication with customers, vendors and other partners.
* Identify new technologies to enhance travel experience, e.g. apps for Smart-Phones, improved booking technologies, other communication vehicles, etc.
* Benchmark with peer companies to keep abreast of new changes and challenges and opportunities.
Data Analysis / Report Generation:
* Utilize all available data sources, such as corporate card, travel agencies, etc. to track global spend on travel and entertainment.
* Develop key internal metrics to measure travel management practices, trends, and results.
* Collaborate with key stakeholders to help manage category activities by:
* Identifying, recommending and implementing travel strategies to drive direction and results,
* Verifying spend analysis, market insights, SLA's, and total cost of ownership,
* Assessing current business and legal risks in existing and or new contracts,
* Building accountability for supplier performance relative to contracted service levels.
* Turn data into information and report back to management regarding expenses, trends and recommendations.
Travel required: 10-20%
* 5 – 7+ years' experience in a global travel role
* Leadership Skills: Exceptional interpersonal, motivational, and influential skills; engage/develop others
* Demonstrated ability to lead by example effectively, influence teams, resolve conflict, and set direction
* 3+ years' managerial experience (PREFERRED QUALIFICATION)
* Project Management: ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously,
* Polished communication skills: adept at communicating verbally and in written form (English Language) with all levels of the organization, including third-party travel providers, and proficient PC related skills
* Polished financial analysis skills
* Demonstrated success in leveraging large dollar contracts in travel: travel agency, airline, hotel, car rental, etc.
* Proficient functional knowledge of:
* Travel management (policies, processes, metrics, reporting, engagement, compliance)
* Supplier relationship management (leverage best practices and maximum value)
* Strategy development and execution (leading and driving change)
* Risk management
* Experience with Microsoft Suite of Products - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
* Bachelor's degree, with studies preferred in Business or related field
As a leading employer in our industry, Alexion is proud to offer a highly competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more.
Alexion is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative action employer